Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Do I Look Like Me??


After our initial afternoon stroll around Times Square, my mother's feet got the best of her because she thought a low heel would be sufficient enough for walking. Not so! So off we were on a mission to find my mother some comfortable walking shoes. She settled on a pair of plastic black clogs and claimed they did the trick. I was happy I didn't have to hear her complaining about her feet anymore.

During our shoe shopping mission, I get an offer to have my picture drawn for five bucks. For that price I couldn't pass it up. So I sit down and let my lady drawer go to work. Next thing I know, folks are stopping to take a peak and formed a small crowd. Now I'm wondering to myself, "What is this woman drawing of me?" To top it off, my mother bursts out laughing. I was really paronoid at that point. A lady watching the drawing assured me that I would be pleased. Well when I saw the finished drawing, I was very pleased indeed. Can you figure out what made my mother start laughing?

11 comments:

Creyole said...

What a nice pic, I love the way she did your hair. What a great deal!

Mentally I'm stillin New York, that was one cool trip.

Cee said...

I thought you looked very familiar when we were in New York, but I never came up and introduced myself. I thought I had met you in Dallas, but now I know I remember you from your blog. I had a great time in New York, although I didn't get to meet and greet alot of the ladies I have been reading about in their blogs. I think you may have met some of my sisters while you were there. I haven't gotten my pics up yet but I ope to do something soon. Take care.

Dee said...

dang FIVE BUCKS...what a deal and its a GREAT drawing of you. LOL....I'm sure I know what mama was laughing at...I have it too! LOL

brunsli said...

How cute!

What was she laughing at? Maybe that your cartoon has a big nose.

Goodnapps said...

Thanks ladies. I knew I should of added in the disclaimer about the price. The drawing was 5 Bucks and on a flimsy piece of paper. The frame was 10 bucks more for an actual total of $15. They know you need the frame so that's really where the hustle come in.

Cee - maybe at the next outing.

LOL - the nose huh Brunsli

Dee said...

Oh it was the nose? I was way off, LOL..I thought it was the size of how the dress was filled out up top! LOL...sorry,

Goodnapps said...

Detra you are too funny. You are quite right. I knew that Brunli was being a ham with the nose.

Maryee and Jena said...

What a cute picture! I'd say the frame was worth it! Nice!!!

Chi-chi said...

I like to pic too. The hair looks like a loc hybrid. What do you think?

Goodnapps said...

Thanks TRA, Maryee, Chi-chi.

Chi-chi, I hadn't actually thought of a loc hybrid. But it sounds good to me!

Funlayo said...

I love that sketch.