Monday, September 25, 2006

Excuse me, Are those Sisterlocks?

Why yes they are!!! I was waiting in the customer service line at Sam's Club yesterday and a lady walked up to me. She asked if I had Sisterlocks. Inside I was doing cartwheels. I guess there really is an extra sense of elation when strangers recognize that they are Sisterlocks. And please don't misunderstand me. When folks tell me I have nice dreads or locks, I'm very modest and thankful. I don't by any means feel the need to correct them to being Sisterlocks or go off on some Sisterlocks rampage. But I coudn't help feeling overjoyed.

Photo Disclaimer: It's from when my locks were seven months. The digi needs a new battery.

10 comments:

Cluizel said...

Awww...yeah! :)

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

That is one of the greatest feelings in the world thus far to be recognized as a sisterlocked sista. I enjoy every moment of it!

Sister-in-Locks said...

I totally understand and have felt the joy myself.

Detra said...

I'm like you, I be so elated when people notice, I'm loc'd opposed to it being twist or braids, it is a very defining moment!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Thanks for the comment your hair looks really nice ! How do you post links and all that good stuff?

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maryee said...

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! Yo go gurl!!

Goodnapps said...

Hi ladies, thanks for your lovely comments and encouragement!

KnottyAuthor said...

hey, I was in Sams today...and the stares!lol!!!!people just dont know what to do..maybe with one a day we will be able to convert a cashier or 2!looking for you around Cleveland...............

Goodnapps said...

Cheleskilove - one head at a time. Au naturelle shall be taking over.