Monday, November 20, 2006

Out of Sweater Retirement


I can't be 100% sure, but I do believe this sweater may have been a major cause of the lint build up in a couple of my locks at the nape of my neck. That happened eight or nine months ago and I am still just a wee bit traumatized. In my obsessive efforts to avoid future lint buildups which included many of Leighann's suggestions, I had to retire this sweater to the drawer for many many months. But when the lint topic surfaced again on LockItUp, I made a mental note of the suggestion to wear the locks up when you want to wear "lint breeding" sweaters or fabrics. Now that the chilly temps are back, I couldn't avoid my sweater any longer. Putting my locks up in the back was perfect. I can have my sweater...and wear it too!




Addendum - 11/28/2006
locizm said...
my locs are not long enough yet but thanks for re-posting the suggestions on how to stay away from lint. Oh, and I must say your sl's rock!

When I saw this comment, I knew that it is worth an addendum. As I continue on my loc stalking, I'm starting to see soooo many ladies start with their TWA's and I just feel so proud of you all : ) So for the record: your locks are never too short to attract lint build up. Actually Locizm, my locks were about the same length as yours are now when I got my lint episode.

It doesn't matter what your length is or what your hair texture is - nobody is immune. Just stay proactively attentive, and you'll be just fine!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good suggestion :)

Abena

Cluizel said...

Oh...being able to put my hair up...memories. lol.

CloudNine said...

I wish I was able to put my little lock up....this patience thing is hard:)

brunsli said...

I'm all about putting your hair up, as you know!

Ms Stella said...

As soon as it gets cold enough in AZ for a sweater, I'll remember to put the locks up.

Goodnapps said...

Abena - you're welcome.

SLW - You'll be putting it up again in no time.

C9 - Believe me, I totally understand. But it will be sooner than you think.

Brunsli - absolutely!

Stella - hey, ya never know!

C & C said...

my locs are not long enough yet but thanks for re-posting the suggestions on how to stay away from lint. Oh, and I must say your sl's rock!

Goodnapps said...

Locizm - thanks for you kind compliment and stopping by!

Ree-C said...

Great Post. I have a couple of those sweaters in the closet as well. I also make it a point to use the Dianne wood brushes. Yes the ones that guys usually use. I bought a medium bristle wood brush and use it to scrub those bottom/back hairline locs when shampooing. My consultant suggested this a long time ago. I don't do it every shampoo, but if I see any hint of lint I use it and it works great. Just another suggestion just in case.

C & C said...

thanks for the addendum. i will be on the watch out :-)

Goodnapps said...

Thanks Ree-C for the added suggestion.

Locizm - you're welcome.

Detra said...

is that sweater purple? We gonna have it out about all the purple in your wardobe, I LOVE PURPLE! Anyhow, I havent had the lint issues yet (knocking on wood) but will keep the suggestion of keepin the hair up. BTW, I'm all excited about the fact that you got a lil ponytail going on!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Goodnapps said...

Thanks Detra. I'm still waiting on that full pony. Hopefully in the summer which will be my 2yr mark.

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Goodnapps said...

Sorry Anon, I don't have any suggestions. But I'm sure you will think of something nice.