Thursday, July 17, 2014
After nine years, still just as in love with my Sisterlocks as day one!! Not counting that I combined about a hundred locks four years ago and the length has made me lazier than ever. Not feeling scissor happy at the moment. So for now, feeling just fine.
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Hello, hello, hello!! I know I've been MIA for several months now. But from what I can see, all is well with everyone. So this is good. I will let this post serve as my anniversary, tagged, life updates and whatever else I suppose.
- In early June I moved from my apartment in the city to an apartment in the burbs. Since I had lived in my old place for 9 years, I had a lot of junk to keep/donate/trash. Shopping for new furniture was a blast of course.
- August marked my 3 Year milestone with Sisterlocks. Yippee!! Seems like it took long enough. I kinda miss the short hair, but I really really miss the low maintenance of the short lock days.
- Guess who is now 4 months pregnant. There must have been too much celebrating going on in the new apartment. I don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. But I'm too anxious to find out. I was blessed with no morning sickness and cravings for cheeseburgers and General Tso's chicken.
- I can't stand the weight gain. All of my hard work from Weight Watchers is gone, gone, gone.
- Right before I found out I was pregnant, I agreed to go and work for a different department at my job.
- So with a new apartment, new department at work and new life growing inside of me...I hope I've stated my case as to why I've been MIA from blogging. Can we say, "Life Comes At You Fast!!"
- So in a nutshell - I'm thrilled, scared, and nervous all in one. It's in God's hands. C'est la vie. Wish me luck.
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Blog buddies galore
A new outfit
More hair products
Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles
Lots of blue eye shadow
Fabulous updo hairstyle
Eyebrows arched finally
Algebra's signed CD
Dr. MLK Historical Site Center
Gorgeous locs everywhere
Check out more fabulous photos by clicking on the below links:
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
As I've journeyed with my Sisterlocks over the past 31 months, I thought it would be fun to share some of my most memorable comments regarding my locks. They are not in any particular order with the length of my hair. I've wrote them down randomly.
- Look at those beady beads.
- Excuse me, are those Sisterlocks?
- You have Sisterlocks, no wonder they look like that.
- I didn't like them when you first got them done, but I like them now.
- I ran into a girl who has small corporate locks just like yours.
- You should keep them that length because when people let them get too long, that doesn't look good.
- You have Sisterlocks? (dumbfounded look).....oh.
- I can't believe you and your momma are going all the way to Detroit to get that shit put in yall's head. I'm tired of looking at the back of yall's head.
- Even though those may look good on you and all, sister girl, we need to find you another hairstyle.
- Your hair looks so pretty!
- I guess you don't have beady beads no more.
- If you don't have time to condition your hair after you wash it, then you shouldn't be washing it. Your hair may look healthy, but it doesn't feel healthy.
- So who cut your hair into that style?
- She paid a lot of money to have her locks look like this.
- Girl, you look like a million bucks!