Saturday, February 11, 2006

Two Friends (Fwd from my Friend)

Two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand: Today my best friend slapped me in the face.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped in the face got stuck in the mire and started drowning. But the friend saved him after he recovered from the near drowning. He wrote on a stone: Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone, why?” The other friend replied, “When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it way. But when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your benefits in stone. They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but an entire life to forget them.

TAKE THE TIME TO LIVE! DO NOT VALUE THE THINGS YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE, BUT VALUE WHO YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE!

MOM, MY FRIENDS, MY SISTERLOCK BUDDIES – I LOVE YA!!!!!

6 comments:

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

THat is nice of you I love you too my sisterlock buddy We all need to say that to one aother as much as we can very inspirational!

Ree-C said...

Great Post. Nice.

Goodnapps said...

Thank you so much ladies. I didn't mean to get so sappy, but I just had to get it off my chest. I just got a new digital...so it's back to the hair of things.

Chi-chi said...

Truly inspirational, i love it! thanks for the warm fuzzies.
luv ya back.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Thank you for showing this side of yourself. Don't appologize. Everything in this poem rings true and should be done by all. Keep doing what ya do, you are doin it with EXCELLENCE!

Sis. RJQueen10

Goodnapps said...

Sis RJ - Thanks.