Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wash Regimen



Just like everyone else, I've settled in with washings every 7-10 days. Right now I'm using the Sisterlock family of hair products. At first I would wash with the Sisterlock Green Tea Botanical Shampoo and then a second time with the SL lock starter shampoo. Lately, I'm trying to wash with just the starter shampoo only. But I miss that tingling feeling on my scalp from the Green Tea. In addition, I use the Tonic for Dandruff recipe from LockItUp to help with the itching and flaking.

As I inspected my locks a few weeks ago, I was so overjoyed that I didn't see any split ends!! It's been over eight months since I've had a deep condition treatment and now 7 months into my journey, I feel I am long overdue. I chose to go with the Sisterlock Reconstructor. I probably won't be doing another conditioning treatment for about another 6 months. I believe in moderation.

One more note, I emailed Vickey a few months ago and she told me about mixing one tablespoon of the SL Moisturizer spray with 8 oz of water. I'm now ready to try the concoction for those midweek refresher treatments.

Despite the shrinking, I can now see some noticeable growth. Yeah baby!


2 comments:

Ree-C said...

Your locs look good. I just ordered some new shampoos, I can't wait to try them out. I am looking for that ONE.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Lovely and very informative. Thanks for sharing!

Sis. RJQueen10