Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tagged...here goes

1. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings. I'm 5 years older than my brother and 12 years older than my sister. That's why you see my mother and I hanging out so much. Lil sis isn't even old enough to drink yet.


2. The reason I haven't blogged about my husband or kids is because...there aren't any. It's just me.


3. I got my BS from Ithaca (across from Cornell). It was the only school I applied to outside of Ohio and they happened to give me the best financial aid package. The first time I ever stepped foot on campus was for the start of class. I have a long history of making blind faith decisions. Mom was happy I was far enough away from NYC.

4. I use to run the 200m and 4x200m relay for track and field in junior high. One day I told coach I wanted to try my hand at 100m hurdles. For someone being 5'0", it was an interesting experience but I didn't keep it up very long. I'm sure I was shorter than that back then.


5. My favorite ice cream is pralines and cream and butter pecan respectively. Haagen-Dazs makes wonderful flavors of these.




6. My passion for Sisterlocks stems from a) I am such a wannabe entrepreneur. I hold the utmost respect and admiration for Dr. Jo et al for taking on the entrepreneurial challenge of providing women the benefits of Sisterlocks. b) I had to put up with that nappy hair does not equal good BS for so long, it really feels good being on the opposite end of the spectrum with my SLs.



7. My favorite quote in this year's Sisterlock calendar is from March:
Who can deny the beauty I behold?
I am the beholder!

13 comments:

Creyole said...

Hey girl...you sparked my interest with that Haagen-Dazs post, I'm a lover too but only when on sale!

still waters said...

I like this post it was filled with fun facts (:

one love still

Anonymous said...

Hey..we have a few things in common...I love Butter Peacan as well, I am the eldest of my sibling and I started off as the one of the track managers while in high school and I eventually ran a little..distance, but quit because it was to hard and heck I was tired..thanks for sharing.

Goodnapps said...

Creyole - I feel you. I try to go for the on sale price as well.

Still W - Thanks girl. While I feel very close to you all, the
internet is no place to start revealing hidden, dark secrets.


Locksuluv - It's so funny you would say that. Every tag I read,
I ALWAYS have at least 2 things or more in common with that person.

Anonymous said...

Butter Pecan is the bomb!!! YUM!

Regarding #6, I remember while I was in college one of my black boss' mentioned that white people wouldn't understand the black woman's choice to wear their hair natural. He also said I wouldn't make it in the professional world without a perm, natural meant nappy and dirty he stated. Feels good to still be natural 10 years later and in the Business world!

muslimahlocs said...

you ended on the best note of all. thanks for the wonderful quote and picture of y.

Funlayo said...

Didn't know your were an entrepreneur too! Have you blogged about any of your pursuits. I'd love to know more. I am in the process of making one of my enterprenurial dreams a reality. It's a lot of work, scary but fun.

Goodnapps said...

Meikmeik - now that's how you show'em! You go gurl.


Muslimahlocs - Why thank you. You are most certainly welcome!

Funmi - I see that quite a few of us have that entrepreneur fever. That is simply marvelous. Best wishes to you on your business pursuits. As for me, I'm still trying to narrow down what I want to pursue.

Aya said...

Goodnaps: This was interesting. You're quite a versatile lady. Hope your dreams of entrepeneurship come true if ther haven't already.

Mel said...

For me it's Strawberry Cheesecake!

And 7) what a wonderful quote...

Goodnapps said...

Aya - Thanks so much for the well wishes!

Mel - Thanks girl.

Maryee said...

I feel ya on #2. We'll blog about it when the time presents itself! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Goodnapps said...

Maryee - thanks for stopping by. It has its ups and downs.