Tuesday, March 28, 2006

B vs B Part II


My BULLSHIT
Shrinkage, shrinkage and more shrinkage
Lint Patrol
People want to touch my hair
Locks matte together

My BENEFITS
No more relaxer and associated chemical burns
No globs of hair in the trash after I wash it
No need to use a comb
No more breaking combs
Hair can grow to my waistline or ankles if I choose
Compliments on my hair in its natural state
I LOVE MY HAIR
No crooks in my neck trying to keep up a hairstyle
People are fascinated with my hair
Sisterlock hair buddies
Hats aren’t just for bad hair days
In fact, no more bad hair days
Freestyle looks good in sun, wind, rain and snow
Oh yeah, I LOVE MY HAIR

I suspect everyone's list would slightly differ. But hopefully the benefits outweigh the bullshit.

9 comments:

Sister-in-Locks said...

As much as I don't like how thin my hair is. My benefits definately outway the BS. Believe it or not, I sometimes miss the straight do's. Not often though.

brunsli said...

Yea for SL hair buddies. Who would have thought??

Creyole said...

Girl, you need to go on and start our official "Sisters in Sisterlocks" magazine. You are laying it all out my dear buddy. i just love it!

Avra Tucker said...

Hi... I think we have the same loctician :)... Paulette from Bloomfield Hills, MI?

Goodnapps said...

Hair buddies - something I wouldn't have thought of in a million years.

LaChanda - you are too funny

Avra - why yes ma'am! I go to Paulette also.

Detra said...

Yep! my benefits list is much longer then my BS list!

Cluizel said...

Good Post! Its very nice to see such an enthusiastic group of women who love their sisterlocks. I am starting my journey on June 25th with Paulette in Bloomfield Hills.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Wow. Did you really do the "crooks in my neck trying to keep up a hairstyle"? I tell ya the truth, it is hard work being a LADY. But I would not trade it for anything in THIS world! Thanks for sharing!

Sis. RJQueen10

Goodnapps said...

Sis RJ - yep. I had many a crooks trying to keep up those curls.
Now I put on a bonnet and they still last for over 2 weeks.