Saturday, March 18, 2006

Twists - My first hairstyle



Since I am several months away from braidouts, spike curler sets and fancy updos - I will take what I can get. While flat twists are nothing new, it didn't occur to me to try them as a loc hairstyle until I saw pictures of Charm sporting her twists. Toss in some loc jewelery and voila. I love it, love it, love it. Since I'm not the DIY type, I went to my most recent hair stylist I had during the last of the perm era. She got to know first hand about my hair woes and was extremely supportive and encouraging with my decision to lock. In one hour, my hair was washed, styled and set under the dryer. Since I budgeted 2 hours, that left plenty of time for photo taking and an eyebrow touch-up.


13 comments:

TNAPPYKINKY said...

Hey,
Your hair is really growing and the twists are cute. Keep posting!!!

Sister-in-Locks said...

Very nice! I started out with a short all natural do. Your locks are very cute and they fit your face. It does keep getting better and better.

Creyole said...

Funky fresh cute girl! Got to love them sisterlocks!

Natural Kinks said...

Tanya I love it! You look great, doesn't a style make you feel like a new woman!

brunsli said...

You are adorable in your twists!

I bet they look really good when you wear purple and pink!

Leighann said...

Very cute!!!

Goodnapps said...

Thanks Tnappykinky, LaChanda, Leighann.

Sister-in-locks: Thanks a bunch. I never knew you started with a short natural. Now I really know great locks are just around the corner.

Vee: oh boy - more than I can express, especially since I've been waiting for over a year! Thanks for stopping by.

Brunsli - thanks babe. I bet your right. I wonder how much longer I should wait to order those purple soft spikes.

sisterlockedlondon said...

WOW, you look fabulous! Short is definately cute on you! I have found that my hair changed so quickly, that you have to embrace every stage! Keep up the good work!

Dee said...

cute cute and more cute! I love this hair style on you!

Ree-C said...

I think that style is so cute on you. I love how your locs spike out from the twist. Real cute.

Goodnapps said...

Sisterlockedlondon, TRA, Detra and Ree-C - I appreciate your comments and thanks for stopping by.

BlaqKofi said...

I'm playing catch up on my reading. Loved the style, too, too cute on you!

Salkis Re said...

Your hair seems to be progressing nicely. I know in the when I first put my Sisterlock in, i always cornrowed my hair the night before, then loosed them the next morning. It seem to help keep the shrinkage to a minimum and kept them from tangling together too.I also have done "fire" trims to get rid of frizzies, but your locks have to be mature for that technique.