Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Summer Heat


The summer temperatures this past week have been terrible. Ninety-plus degrees. It was three digits in some cities so I probably can't complain too much. But in Cleveland, 90+ degrees don't happen that often and when they do, oh how miserable. At least for me anyway. I'll take mid-seventies any day of the week. So how did my locs fair in all this heat? I did make a couple of adjustments. For one, I did not bother to wrap my hair up at night. I was actually pleased with the more fluffed out look compared to the ultra smashed look from having it covered. Second, I didn't care to have my hair on my face in this heat wave so I finger combed my front locks going to the back. I like the look and I think it gives me a pseudo caruso curled look. Other than a little sweaty, my locs and I are making it through the heat quite well.

14 comments:

Sister-in-Locks said...

I like the new look. Out of lemons you made lemonade. I never sleep with anything on my head and I have never had a lint problem.

BTW - In Texas we are having triple digit weather daily.

brunsli said...

You look pretty cool, despite the heat. :)

Goodnapps said...

Thanks Karen and Brunsli. I guess with the lint it's a direct correlation to having good fabrics that don't breed lint. I'm doing pretty good nowadays.
As for the heat, I thought DFW would be one of the 3 digit cities. Sweet Jesus! I guess the question is how are you guys holding up?

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest set of SLs. That style looks good and cool.

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

Hi there this photo of you looks very radiant and your locs are coming along nicely good for you!

Funlayo said...

That is a beautiful picture. You shine!!

Goodnapps said...

Thanks Brenda, Lashaune, Funmi and Anon.

golden_08 said...

Very cute! I feel your pain on the heat also...I'm in Atlanta so you can just imagine.

Linda said...

I feel you girl. I was thankful for my SLs during our heat wave here in Cleveland. My only problem was that sleeping with my head tied up in the satin bonnet made me only more miserable until I finally decided to turn on the AC. Your locs look great!! Where did you take those pictures?

Goodnapps said...

Thanks Golden - I bet Atlanta was a 3 digit city as well.

Thanks Linda. That's why I just
couldn't do the covering at night
right now in this heat. As for the pictures, I took them at my job on Landerbrook.

Chi-chi said...

You look too fabulous! Your locs are just growin' and growin' (:

Ree-C said...

Looking Good Tanya

still waters said...

This is a pretty pic you and your hair are georgeous.

One love still

Goodnapps said...

Thanks for the lovely compliments Chi-chi, Ree-C and Still W.