Saturday, July 29, 2006

Finally Retightened

Whew! After an eight week stretch, I am finally glad to have my roots tightened. Thus far, this is the longest I've waited and not by choice. I got a referral from a fellow Clevelander on LockitUp. In June, I scheduled my appointment a few weeks in advance. But when it came time for my appointment, the consultant had to reschedule because of a death in the family and some other personal reasons. I didn't want to bother resheduling for a 3rd time. I really sensed that this consultant is going through some personal matters right now and not really able to take on new clients at the moment. Hopefully things will work out for her. But in the meantime, I can't stand being this vulnerable, especially now that I am truly truly in love with my hair. So what is a girl to do? Join the DIY club. Paulette told me she's going to be giving training classes very soon so I'm looking forward to taking the class within the next few months.

11 comments:

brunsli said...

8 weeks? That's tough. I had to go through that once.

Is that your bike in the background?

Goodnapps said...

Nah, it's not my bike. It belongs to this guy I'm kinda dating.

Goodnapps said...

Thanks for the encouragement TRA. I hope you are right. Although the price of the SL training classes really has me considering another tool to do my own retights. Hopefully it all will work out.

Cluizel said...

Paulette told me I missed you by a day! lol. I got my hair retightened Saturday.

Your hair looks good! :)

Ree-C said...

Looking good Tanya.

Avra Tucker said...

Hey Tanya,

You said "another tool". I feel you on that one but have heard good and bad things about using another tool. I think the re-tightning class is like $250! You hair looks nice :)

Avra

Sister-in-Locks said...

Good luck. It is a releif to know you can do your own hair. And how about riding on the back of that motorcycle with your hair blowing in the wind. I guess you are suppose to wear a helmet. :-) Oh well.

KDL said...

Well you know my philosophy on retightenings...only when very necessary. As such, it does help to have the knowledge to do it when you want. I think the reason I wait so long is because my consultant was never really available early on. I got used to the wait and actually began to like it. Take the retightening class though, it really helps!

Maryee said...

Girl, I'm like Katika; I've gone longer. It's a bummer, but when timing and money and "whatever" aren't going right, you have to just wait it out. Your hair looks marvelous!

Quietspirit said...

Your locs are looking good. If you can swing the cost I would recommend taking the class mainly for the tools. My hair tends to creep out of the locks at the roots and for me the sl hook tool works better. I got the nappy locks tool which I like and use in some places because it is easier. I suppose that you could use a crochet hook instead of the hook tool but it is made differently.

Anonymous said...

Wow...your locs are really looking fabulous here....